Falkirk Council Complaints Procedure – Parental Complaints
For the complaint procedure please go to Parent Zone
Maths Supported Study Time Table - See Our School, Departments: Maths
School Office - Closed October & Christmas Holidays
The school office is open 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday with a 4.00pm finish on a Friday.
The Office will NOT be open during the October or Christmas Holidays
October Closure Dates: 09.10.17 - 13.10.17
December Closure Dates 25.12.17 - 05.01.18
Falkirk Council Children's Services can be contacted at Sealock House. They are open throughout October and are only closed on Public Holidays (01324 01324 506600)
NEW! SQA Guide to Scottish Qualifications - see Parent Zone
Inclusion and Additional Support Needs in Falkirk: Proposals for 2018 onwards
In Falkirk there is a rise in the number of children with significant Additional Support Needs in education arising from:
- Social and communication difficulties
Currently 15 primary schools have Enhanced Provision and 3 primary schools have ASN for complex needs. Children's Services have identified an increase in demand to support children and young people with social communication difficulties and Autism.
It is proposed to establish specialist classes in 3 primary schools and 2 secondary schools to provide high quality educational provision for children and young people who have social and communication difficulties and autism. We aim to provide specialist provisions closer to home wherever reasonable or possible.
The 2 secondary schools that are being considered are:
- Bo'ness Academy
- Larbert High School
The proposed change in the approach to inclusion and meeting Additional Support Needs is intended to:
- ensure each additional specialist provision will be in a position to offer a positive educational experience to children with significant ASN
- ensure children with significant ASN can have a suitable education and support within their local community
- reduce the pressure and demand for intake to existing specialist schools and units
- the specialist knowledge and skills of the staff in the specialist provisions will benefit the children and young people within the whole school
For more information and to complete the survey, click the link below
Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants
It is now time to apply for Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants for the new school year.
- Applications - for Free School Meals and Clothing Grants can now be made online by visiting www.falkirk.gov.uk and searching for “Free school meals”.
- Paper copy application forms - remain available for download at www.falkirk.gov.uk by searching “Free school meals” or can be obtained by contacting any Falkirk Council One Stop Shop or the Advice and Support Hub in Grangemouth.
- Note - Parents and carers who had an award this year will also be sent a text from Falkirk Council inviting them to reapply.
- Advice & Support - further information is available from Falkirk Council Revenues Services, telephone 01324 506999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Connected Leaflet
Please click on the document for our Get Connected Leaflet which gives you handy information on dealing with stress and how to access our stress control courses in conjunction with pupils from Braes High School and Graeme High School.
Best of Bo'ness Magazine
Welcome to our new Spring edition of the Best of Bo'ness Magazine.
Here you will find Study Leave and Exam information, as well as upcoming important dates and general school news.
We have updated the Pupil Zone:
New......Supported Study Timetable
New......Duke of Edinburgh Award page
New......School Show pages
Blazer/Study Guide Recycle
No longer need that school blazer or finished with your Study Guides? Your Parent Council would like to start a recycling programme. Please hand any items into the School Reception, or contact any member of the Parent Council to arrange for collection:
Parent Council Email Address: email@example.com
S2 & S3 Option Choice Booklets
Click link for information
Bo'ness Academy Parent Council Information Page
To find any updated information on our Parent Council including dates of future meetings, minutes of past meetings, events, member information, etc please go to the Parent Zone section of the website or alternatively follow the links below:
Partnership with KFC
Our Bo'ness Academy Community Cafe recently formed a partnership with KFC as part of their food donation scheme. The project first piloted in May 2014 allows KFC restaurants to supply unused chicken to local organisations where it can be used to help feed those in need in local communities. This morning, Mr Latimer along with Mike Munro, from the Storehouse Foodbank went to make the first collection from KFC. Both were absolutely delighted with the amount of stock provided and some of this will be going out to those most in need in Bo'ness today.
This partnership allows us to again work closely with Storehouse who provide a valuable service in Bo'ness. Further information about our work in the local community can be found in the community section of our website.
Bo'ness Academy Alumni
We are always interested to hear success stories from ex-Bo'ness Academy students which may inspire our current pupils. If you have something you would like to tell us about please get in contact with the school: